Data Science Apprenticeships
Data Science Apprenticeship
Data science is rapidly becoming one of the fastest growing disciplines in the world of Big Data, used in everything from marketing communications to complex government analytics.
Marketing Metrix has recently opened their application process for a Data Science Apprenticeship Role.
Marketing Metrix is the UK’s leading data insights partner for some of the country’s largest retailers, financial institutions, charities and government organisations who want to utilise and maximise their customer data. Our team of data scientists understand the dynamics between data and marketing by providing high-level statistical analysis and strategic consultancy to fully exploit Big Data opportunities.
Apprenticeships will last two years and will cover the following core training modules, giving them expertise in much sought after talent:
- Working with data – basic data hygiene
- SAS – programming and modelling skills
- SQL – database development and programming skills
- Hadoop – working with Big Data
- MapReduce – programming skills
- Python – programming and modelling skills
- R – programming skills
- An in-depth understanding of how data science can drive business
- Experience with working with some of the largest brands in the UK
- Experience and participation in client meetings and presentation
At the end of 2 years the candidate will be able to offer all aspects of data science. They will have an in-depth knowledge and know-how of a wide variety of statistical processes, used to help organisations release their data potential whilst driving profitability. The programming skills gained will be relevant far beyond the marketing sector, giving the successful individual the transferrable skills to pursue a career in data science.
We are looking for a bright, highly numerate individual who wants to go straight into work rather than university. Someone who is a logical and practical thinker, wishing to become immersed into the ever expanding sector of data science. The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, be able to use their initiative and have a outstanding predicted grades for Mathematics (A/A*). A levels qualifications in the following subjects are also desirable: Computer Science, Statistics and/or Physics.
Details of the stages and deadlines for applications can be seen below.
- Receive application via email
- Short chemistry interview with candidates
- Select best candidates to come in for another interview and to meet the team
- Select the chosen candidate/s
Application and Contact Details
In the first instant, please email in your CV with anticipated A level grades and a letter telling us why you would be interested in an apprenticeship with Marketing Metrix to email@example.com.